coronavirus update: How to attend our in-person classes
UPDATED 16th october
We have been running in-person classes again since 16th August, and are confident in being able to provide a covid-secure environment for us all.
We are constantly reviewing processes in light of new restrictions and to provide the possibility of you feeling comfortable with attending in-person Yoga. If you are still not comfortable then we have many livestream classes available too (in fact most of the in-person classes are also livestreamed).
Please keep reading for more detail on our covid-secure processes and what that means for you when attending one of our classes. We first cover how to attend these classes, and then how to book including what's happened to your old class passes that were frozen over lockdown.
Attending our in-person classes
We have conducted a thorough risk assessment and put in place covid-secure processes to keep everyone safe. In this update we outline some key procedures and what will be expected of you to participate in these in-person classes.
1. If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell) then do not come to the studio, instead email us on to explain so we can refund you and discuss any test and trace implications.
2. If you are recovering from Covid-19, then our policy is do not attend until at least 21 days (3-weeks) after the first symptoms/positive test result, and at least 7 days after your fever/high temperature has abated and returned to a normal range e.g. between 35.4 °C and 37.4 °C if measured with a forehead thermometer (Source). This is beyond the general medical guidance of self-isolating for at least 10days and until 24hours after fever has abated - intentionally cautious due to our context being Yoga classes. Additionally we ask you not to return until lingering apparent symptoms such as frequent coughing have cleared up, to avoid alarming fellow Yogis and causing anxiety or embarrassment.
3. Our doors open 15 minutes before class starts, and because of the extra time required with the processes below we encourage you to arrive 10-15 minutes before. The doors will be locked a minute before the class starts, and we won't admit late arrivals in order to not disrupt the class.
4. Due to London moving to Tier 2 (high) restrictions 17th Oct we have introduced these new processes for in-person classes at Trinity.
- New Maximum of 12 students per class at Trinity (down from 15) organised into 2 groups of up to 6 students each.
- The space will be divided into a right hand side and left hand side - 6 people on either side.
- The first group of 6 people to arrive will enter through the front door and place their mat in the left hand side
- The second group of 6 people will enter through the back door and place their mat on the right hand side.
- As no mixing is allowed between people of different households, this means no chatting/socialising before, during or after class, which is something we also will miss!
- Even though we'll be less chatty than usual we will all find a way to keep it as a friendly and warm space
5. Wear your face mask/covering in all rooms of the studio, except when on your mat practising (unless you choose to)
6. When entering the studio we will ask you to confirm whether you have been experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If so, we will kindly ask you to leave and to follow government advice.
7. The next things to do upon entering the studio are to check your temperature and wash your hands with soap under running water.
8. Keep 2m apart from any other person, or at least 1m+ when wearing your face mask
9. Pre-bookings only, no drop-ins. Classes limited to maximum of 6 students at Midland, and 15 students at Trinity. For Mum + Baby Yoga at Trinity, maximum of 8 mums + 8 babies.
10. Bring your own mat and any props you might want to use (e.g. blocks/bricks). We are not supplying any mats or props at this time.
11. Place the front centre of your mat where indicated by the tape on the floor. Fill up the front spaces first, so people don't have to move past you to reach a spot and you can relax on your mat.
12. After class clean the area around your mat with the disinfectant spray and disposable towels provided
13. Hand sanitiser, disinfectant spray and disposable towels are in plentiful supply
14. Studio deep cleaned daily
Booking the in-person classes
The in-person classes on our usual schedule, marked as In-person in the title. For those that are hybrid (livestreamed also), you'll see a duplicate class in the schedule distinguished by Livestream in the title.
As the in-person classes are reduced in size (max. of 6 students at Midland and 12 students at Trinity), we recommend you book at least a week in advance. You can also set up a recurring booking via our Mindbody online portal which saves you from needing to remember to book it every week. After clicking on a particular class you get the option to make either a single or a recurring reservation.
The booking window for in-person classes will now close 3hours before the class for in-person bookings. The early cancellation window for in-person classes will now close 6hours before the class, which returns your pass to your Leyton Yoga account for use in other classes. So if you can't make the class be sure to cancel at least 6 hours before, which gives someone else the chance to book onto it (or for someone on the waitlist enough confirmation time before class).
On that last point, there will be a wait-list for 2 people per class, after the maximum number of bookings per class is reached. As soon as someone cancels you'll be emailed confirmation that you're now booked on the class.
Class passes for in-person and livestream classes
As mentioned during lockdown, we froze expiry dates of in-person class passes as of 16th March when we were last open, and whatever time was left on them we will start again from 16th August. We've updated every unused pass, so you are free to use them now to book the in-person classes! And if you want to check your account you can do so by logging in here.
From 16th August, you will generally not be able to use your in-person passes for livestream yoga, or your livestream passes for in-person yoga, so if you're considering doing both types then you will need to buy a pass for each (either single session passes or 10 class pass/monthly unlimited etc). The exception to this is if you have an intro offer, or in-person monthly or yearly unlimited pass - you can use that for any livestream class as well.
Our initial in-person class schedule
Some of these classes will be in-person only initially, however over time we intend to offer them all as hybrid in-person + online classes. In this case, you'll see both an in-person and an online version on the schedule - take your pick!
In-person classes at our Midland studio in Leyton:
Monday 08:00 - 09:00 Pilates Open Level with Jen
Tuesday 11:00 - 12:00 Community Gentle Yoga Open Level with Charlotte
Tuesday 20:00 - 21:00 Pilates Open Level with Jen
Wednesday 18:00 - 19:00 Beginners Yoga with Davia
Thursday 19:00 - 20:15 Ashtanga with Olivia
Friday 10:00 - 11:15 Flow & Yoga Nidra with Catrin
In-person classes at our new Trinity space in Leytonstone:
Monday 19:00 - 20:15 Hatha Flow (in-person or livestream) with Leti
Tuesday 12:30 - 13:30 Hatha L1-L3 (in-person) with Leti
Wednesday no in-person classes
Thursday 19:00 - 20:00 Pilates All levels (in-person) with Jen
Friday 10:30 - 11:30 Mum & Baby Yoga (in-person) with Rosie
Saturday 10:00 - 11:30 Hatha Yoga Open Level (in-person) with Ramila
Sunday 10:00 - 11:30 Hatha Flow L1-L3 (in-person or livestream) & 12:30 - 13:30 Beginners Yoga (in-person or livestream) with Leti
In general, all the other classes will continue online with a few tweaks here and there.
Stay safe, we hope to see you soon! Any questions about any of this please contact us. xx Leti & Q