coronavirus update: How to attend our in-person classes
UPDATED 13 May 2021
When we resume in-person classes on 17th May we expect similar covid-secure processes to those we ran in 2020. The following information is based on the previous guidance and will be updated if anything changes.
Please keep reading for more detail on our covid-secure processes and what that means for you when attending one of our classes. We first cover how to attend these classes, and then how to book including what's happened to your old class passes that were frozen over lockdown.
Attending our in-person classes
We have conducted a thorough risk assessment and put in place covid-secure processes to keep everyone safe. In this update we outline some key procedures and what will be expected of you to participate in these in-person classes.
1. Pre-bookings only, no drop-ins. Classes limited to 6 students at Midland and 15 at Trinity.
2. Bring your own mat and any props you might want to use (e.g. blocks/bricks). We are not supplying any mats or props at this time.
3. If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell) then do not come to the studio, instead email us on to explain so we can refund you and discuss any test and trace implications. For more detail on symptoms and what to do:
4. If you are recovering from Covid-19, then our policy is do not attend until at least 14 days (2-weeks) after the first symptoms/positive test result and only when the key symptoms of infection have gone. Review this NHS page for more info: Additionally we ask you not to return until lingering symptoms such as frequent coughing have cleared up, to avoid alarming fellow Yogis and causing anxiety or embarrassment.
5. Our doors open 15 minutes before class starts, and because of the extra time required with the processes below we encourage you to arrive 10-15 minutes before. The doors will be locked a minute before the class starts, and we won't admit late arrivals in order to not disrupt the class.
6. Wear your face mask/covering as soon as entering the studio from the outside, and wear in all rooms of the studio, except when on your mat practising (unless you choose to).
7. Keep at least 2m apart, or 1m apart where other measures such as face masks and ventilation are in place.
8. Before entering studio reception, please wash your hands with soap under running water in the kitchen or toilet.
9. Before entering studio reception, we will ask you to confirm whether you have been experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If so, we will kindly ask you to leave and to follow government advice.
10. Maximum of three students at one time in reception at Midland, you'll need to coordinate with others the flow between hallway, reception and yoga room - before and after the class.
11. The next thing to do upon entering the studio is to sign in with your NHS COVID-19 app and check your temperature using our contact-free forehead thermometer.
12. Place your mat where indicated by the tape on the floor. Fill up the front spaces first, so people don't have to move past you to reach a spot and you can relax on your mat.
13. After class clean the area around your mat with the disinfectant spray and disposable towels provided.
14. Hand sanitiser, disinfectant spray and disposable towels are in plentiful supply.
15. Studio cleaned daily.
Booking the in-person classes
The in-person classes are on our usual schedule, marked as In-person in the title. For those that are hybrid (livestreamed also), you'll see a duplicate class in the schedule distinguished by Livestream in the title.
As the in-person classes are reduced in size (max. of 6 students at Midland), we recommend you book at least a week in advance. You can also set up a recurring booking via our Mindbody online portal which saves you from needing to remember to book it every week. After clicking on a particular class you get the option to make either a single or a recurring reservation.
The booking window for in-person classes will now close 3 hours before the class for in-person bookings. The early cancellation window for in-person classes will now close 6 hours before the class, which returns your pass to your Leyton Yoga account for use in other classes. So if you can't make the class be sure to cancel at least 6 hours before, which gives someone else the chance to book onto it (or for someone on the waitlist enough confirmation time before class).
On that last point, there will be a wait-list for 2 people per class, after the maximum number of bookings per class is reached. As soon as someone cancels you'll be emailed confirmation that you're now booked on the class.
In contrast, the booking window for livestream classes closes 30mins before the class, and the early cancellation window closes 1 hour before.
Class passes for in-person and livestream classes
As mentioned during lockdown, we froze expiry dates of in-person class passes as of 16th March when we were last open, and whatever time was left on them started again from 16th August and stopped on 05 November. We were open for such a brief time in December we're not countin that time. With the reopening from 17th May we've reactivated your in-person passes and updated the expiry date. For example, if you had one month left on your pass as at 05 November then you'll have one month from the 17th May. So you are free to use them now to book the in-person classes, and if you want to check your account you can do so by logging in here.
Stay safe, we hope to see you soon! Any questions about any of this please contact us. xx Leti & Q