coronavirus update: How to attend our in-person classes
UPDATED 03 JANUARY 2021
Since London moved into Tier 4 on the 16th December we have reverted to livestream only classes. When we resume in-person classes we expect similar covid-secure processes to what we ran in 2020. The following information is based on the previous guidance and will be updated if anything changes.
Please keep reading for more detail on our covid-secure processes and what that means for you when attending one of our classes. We first cover how to attend these classes, and then how to book including what's happened to your old class passes that were frozen over lockdown.
Attending our in-person classes
We have conducted a thorough risk assessment and put in place covid-secure processes to keep everyone safe. In this update we outline some key procedures and what will be expected of you to participate in these in-person classes.
1. If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell) then do not come to the studio, instead email us on to explain so we can refund you and discuss any test and trace implications.
2. If you are recovering from Covid-19, then our policy is do not attend until at least 21 days (3-weeks) after the first symptoms/positive test result, and at least 7 days after your fever/high temperature has abated and returned to a normal range e.g. between 35.4 °C and 37.4 °C if measured with a forehead thermometer (Source). This is beyond the general medical guidance of self-isolating for at least 10days and until 24hours after fever has abated - intentionally cautious due to our context being indoor exercise classes. Additionally we ask you not to return until lingering apparent symptoms such as frequent coughing have cleared up, to avoid alarming fellow Yogis and causing anxiety or embarrassment.
3. Our doors open 15 minutes before class starts, and because of the extra time required with the processes below we encourage you to arrive 10-15 minutes before. The doors will be locked a minute before the class starts, and we won't admit late arrivals in order to not disrupt the class.
4. The Tier 2 guidance is that indoor exercise classes are permitted if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with. This primarily means keeping at least 2m apart, or 1m apart where other measures such as face masks and ventilation are in place. It also means no socialising before, during or after class, which is something we also will miss! Even though we'll be less chatty than usual we will all find a way to keep it as a friendly and warm space.
5. Wear your face mask/covering as soon as entering the studio from the outside, and wear in all rooms of the studio, except when on your mat practising (unless you choose to).
6. Before entering studio reception, please wash your hands with soap under running water in the kitchen or toilet.
7. Before entering studio reception, we will ask you to confirm whether you have been experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If so, we will kindly ask you to leave and to follow government advice.
8. The next thing to do upon entering the studio is to check your temperature using our contact-free forehead thermometer.
9. Keep 2m apart from any other person, or at least 1m+ when wearing your face mask.
10. Pre-bookings only, no drop-ins. Classes limited to maximum of 6 students at Midland.
11. Bring your own mat and any props you might want to use (e.g. blocks/bricks). We are not supplying any mats or props at this time.
12. Place your mat where indicated by the tape on the floor. Fill up the front spaces first, so people don't have to move past you to reach a spot and you can relax on your mat.
13. After class clean the area around your mat with the disinfectant spray and disposable towels provided.
14. Hand sanitiser, disinfectant spray and disposable towels are in plentiful supply.
15. Studio deep cleaned daily.
Booking the in-person classes
The in-person classes on our usual schedule, marked as In-person in the title. For those that are hybrid (livestreamed also), you'll see a duplicate class in the schedule distinguished by Livestream in the title.
As the in-person classes are reduced in size (max. of 6 students at Midland), we recommend you book at least a week in advance. You can also set up a recurring booking via our Mindbody online portal which saves you from needing to remember to book it every week. After clicking on a particular class you get the option to make either a single or a recurring reservation.
The booking window for in-person classes will now close 3hours before the class for in-person bookings. The early cancellation window for in-person classes will now close 6hours before the class, which returns your pass to your Leyton Yoga account for use in other classes. So if you can't make the class be sure to cancel at least 6 hours before, which gives someone else the chance to book onto it (or for someone on the waitlist enough confirmation time before class).
On that last point, there will be a wait-list for 2 people per class, after the maximum number of bookings per class is reached. As soon as someone cancels you'll be emailed confirmation that you're now booked on the class.
In contrast, the booking window for livestream classes closes 30mins before the class, and the early cancellation window closes 1 hour before.
Class passes for in-person and livestream classes
As mentioned during lockdown, we froze expiry dates of in-person class passes as of 16th March when we were last open, and whatever time was left on them started again from 16th August, stopped on 05 November, and then started again on 02 December. We've updated every unused pass, so you are free to use them now to book the in-person classes! And if you want to check your account you can do so by logging in here.
From 16th August, you will generally not be able to use your in-person passes for livestream yoga, or your livestream passes for in-person yoga, so if you're considering doing both types then you will need to buy a pass for each (either single session passes or 10 class pass/monthly unlimited etc). The exception to this is if you have an intro offer, or in-person monthly or yearly unlimited pass - you can use that for any livestream class as well.
Stay safe, we hope to see you soon! Any questions about any of this please contact us. xx Leti & Q