MUMS 4 week BABY MASSAGE course
£40 for 4 sessions Thursday 10:30 - 11:30.
Oct course: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
Nov course: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Livestreamed - take part from the comfort of your home
Led by the lovely Rosie Slay
Baby massage allows us to better understand, comfort and support our babies through their early stages of development.
Over the course you’ll learn different massage techniques that you can build into a routine at home. You’ll have a chance to meet and share experiences with other mums, developing a support network for you and your baby to see you into the future.
Designed for babies from 6 weeks old to crawling, this routine uses therapeutic play to establish a balanced body with a wide range of flexible and coordinated movement.
Over the 4-week course, you will work on skills that help with:
- bonding and attachment
- being attuned to babies communication cues
- introduce gentle touch techniques to relieve trauma associated with birth and gestational trauma
- introduce easy, progressive steps towards tummy time
- demonstrate gentle holding positions, stroking and stretching techniques to optimise babies posture and abilities
- reduce digestive discomfort such as colic
- improve sleep
- develop circulatory and breathing rhythms
- develop joint flexibility and muscle strength
All the above steps provide a good foundation for sitting and crawling, whilst allowing you one-to-one playtime in a safe and supportive environment. Each week, there will be an opportunity to share experiences with your fellow classmates and ask any questions you may have.
As a postnatal yoga instructor Rosie draws on her understanding of postnatal recovery and breathwork to promote health and wellbeing for caregivers and babies during this time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: 👶, something to sit on (a cushion or yoga block), a small towel, a baby blanket to put over the towel and any oil that you'd like to use for the massage. We recommend you use a cold pressed vegetable oil (grapeseed is good), or coconut/almond oil if that's not available.