Yoga BEGINNERS COURSE
➡️ June-July 2022
Led by Davia Peris
In-person at Leyton Yoga - Midland
Saturday 14:30 - 16:00 on 18th + 25th June and 2nd + 9th July
£80 for 4 sessions
Have you always wanted to learn more about Yoga but you either never had the time or felt too intimidated? Or, would you like to come back to Yoga after some time off? This course is designed for you. We will be covering all the aspects of Yoga in a very down-to-earth and inclusive way. By the end of the course you will feel confident and ready to join our beginner or open level classes. We will be providing you with the props you need including a mat. If you prefer to buy your own mat and bring your own props such as bricks and blocks, please feel free to do that. Get in touch if you have any questions about which mats to buy.
- Introduction - why do you want to learn Yoga?
- Brief introduction about Yoga. The different styles and aspects of Yoga.
- Basic breathing (pranayama)
- Warming up & sun salutation
- What we learned last time
- Standing postures (basic embodied anatomy)
- Forward bends & seated postures
- What we learned so far
- Balance, twists, basic inversions
- Restorative practices
- Flowing through postures - Vinyasa (putting everything together!)